OK, so this is not the most exciting reading but it's important, so please take time to read these Terms and Conditions before you make a booking. Hopefully they are in understandable English,
but if you have any questions please contact us by phone (07948376266) or email: email@example.com
Rover Rentals Terms and Conditions of Hire
The following words or phrases have the same meaning wherever they appear, both in singular or plural form, and are shown in bold throughout this document.
We, our, us, I, my – Rover Rentals and Helen Morgan both of 16 Burn Brae Place, Inverness, IV2 5TA
You, your – The Hirer and Driver(s) and any Passengers using the motorhome
Rover Rentals – the trading name of the business operating the motorhome
Hirer – the person who signs the contract to hire the motorhome
Driver – any person who drives the motorhome
Passenger – and person travelling in the motorhome who is not a Driver or the Hirer
Motorhome – the vehicle on hire from Rover Rentals
Excess – The amount you have to pay towards costs of repairs due to accident or damage to the
Insurer – the company providing Rover Rentals with the Insurance for the motorhome
Dog – The canine pet, male or female.
- Booking Procedure:
- The Hirer shall complete a booking form, either on-line or by posting a paper copy to Rover
- Rover Rentals shall undertake checks to ensure the Hirer and named Driver(s)
meet the Insurers criteria.
- Once Rover Rentals has confirmed that the requested hire period is available and agreed your
booking, a non-refundable security deposit of £300 for each week or part week is to be paid within 7 days. If the security deposit is not received by the end of 7 days, then Rover
Rentals reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- The contract is deemed to be in place once the security deposit has been received and these terms and conditions, including the
cancellation policy, become binding. Provided these terms and conditions have been provided to you they are binding on you whether or not they have been signed by
- The remaining balance is due to be paid at least 8 weeks prior to the first day of the hire. In the event that the
Hirer fails to pay the balance in full 8 weeks prior to the start of their hire, Rover Rentals reserves the right to cancel the booking. In this event the deposit
shall be forfeited.
- If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the hire date, the full balance must be paid at the time of booking.
- Some or all of the payment must be made by a cleared and traceable method, such as a Bank Transfer, a BACS payment or a cleared
- We will not pass any of your details on to third parties with the exception of the
Insurer or the Police and then only if we are requested to do so.
- Permitted Drivers: All Drivers of the vehicle on hire from Rover Rentals
- Agree to all of the terms and conditions contained in this document
- Be authorised by Rover Rentals, by providing the information required to verify their identity and driving record.
- Complete and sign a Hirer Drive Proposal form prior to the hire commencing
- Be 25 or over and under 75 years of age, unless otherwise agreed by the Insurer
- Have held a full valid driving licence for 2 years issued in the United Kingdom, the EU, the USA, Canada, Australia or New
- Not have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or not have had their
driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
- Not have had their insurance declined and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
- Not be engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
- Not be Jockeys or persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort.
- Not have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years whilst driving.
- Not be Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU licence for two years or more.
You are personally liable for any traffic offences, contravention of any law and legal penalties imposed due to
your driving behaviour during the period of hire (e.g. parking tickets, speeding or traffic light fines, use of mobile phone whilst driving). Any penalty, follow up enquiry or
enforcement procedure will be the responsibility of the Driver or Hirer, whoever is applicable.
- Insurance: The motorhome hire includes fully comprehensive
insurance for all Drivers approved by Rover Rentals and who have completed and signed a ‘Hirer Drive Proposal’, covering the motorhome and its contents only.
- The insurance is only valid for the period of the hire. The period of hire is from the collection date and time to the specified
return date and time.
- In the event of a claim, the Hirer shall have to pay the insurance Excess for every individual or
claim. However, this is subject to the Hirer complying with these the terms and conditions contained in this agreement, otherwise the Hirer shall be responsible for
the full cost to repair any loss or damage incurred during the hire period of the motorhome.
- The insurance does not cover you for:
- Any claim where you did not abide by these Terms and Conditions.
- Any driving of the motorhome by non-authorised Drivers: this would constitute a traffic offence
under the Road Traffic Act in which the Driver may be liable to prosecution.
- Anything after the period of hire has expired. The Hirer shall be liable for any damage to the
motorhome, any personal injuries, third party property damage, third party injuries and other related liabilities after the insurance expiry date and time.
- Rover Rentals advises that the Hirer and all Passengers obtain sufficient and
fully adequate travel insurance that provides complete protection for them. We also advise all Hirers to obtain a separate ‘hire car insurance policy’ to cover the
excess in the event of a chargeable incident.
- The motorhome has a tow-bar which can be used only with the written permission of Rover Rentals.
Details of the item you wish to tow must be sent to us at least two weeks prior to the start of the hire period, to enable us to confirm with the
Insurers that this is covered in the insurance.
- Restrictions of use:
- The motorhome shall only be used in the United Kingdom and must not be used in or on restricted areas of airports,
airfields or military bases.
- The motorhome must not be used to carry passengers or goods in a way likely to affect the safe driving and control
of the vehicle.
- A maximum of four people are allowed to travel in the motorhome, each of whom must be wearing a seatbelt while
travelling in the motorhome.
- The motorhome must only be driven on sealed roads or on tracks leading to officially recognised campsites – all
other roads must be agreed with Rover Rentals prior to driving. If you become stuck at any time while “Off Road” you will be responsible for any recovery costs. The
breakdown cover is for roadside assistance only and does not include help or recovery if the vehicle is partly or completely buried in snow, mud, sand or water.
- The motorhome must not be driven in known adverse conditions or on uncleared roads which could result in it
getting stuck in snow. If you become stuck in snow when the situation was avoidable/predictable, you will be responsible for any recovery costs.
Your safety and the safety of the motorhome must always take precedent over reaching a destination on time.
- Rover Rentals reserves the right at any time and at their sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain
areas due to adverse weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
- The motorhome shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or the
carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward. This does not refer to the two LPG cylinders stored in the locked gas cupboard.
- The motorhome shall not be used for racing, pacemaking or on any track, test circuit or off-road activity, or used
in any contest, reliability or speed trial or used in connection with the Motor Trade.
- Rover Rentals does not allow the motorhome to be used in connection with large events or music festivals, such as
T in the Park, Belladrum, Glastonbury, etc. Use at small events/music festivals may be permitted with written consent from Rover Rentals.
- Safety and security of the motorhome: The Hirer
is fully responsible for the hired motorhome.
- You must take all reasonable precautions to avoid loss of or damage to the motorhome.
- The Driver must at all times drive safely and responsibly, at a speed suitable for the road and weather conditions
to ensure that he/she has full control of the motorhome at all times.
- You shall also take all reasonable care of the keys to the motorhome to prevent them being lost
or stolen. You will be responsible for the full cost of replacing keys and locks (if required) if you lose the keys. The insurance only covers replacement in the
event of keys being stolen, and you will be responsible for any excess payments.
- You must always take the keys out of the ignition and remove them completely from the motorhome when the
motorhome is left at any time whatsoever (regardless of whether it is still within your sight). Should the vehicle be stolen with the use of the ignition key, this
may invalidate the insurance and the Hirer will be liable for the entire replacement cost of the motorhome.
- You must not leave the keys externally on or under the motorhome, or hidden nearby when the
motorhome is left.
- You must close and lock all the windows and roof hatches and lock all the doors when leaving the
- You must make every effort to ensure that the motorhome is not broken into during
your absence from it, by locking it using the key fob (to ensure all hatches are locked and the alarm is activated) and ensuring valuable belongings are not visible from
- You must not park in known high crime areas, even when staying with the motorhome.
- The gas must be turned off at the main bottles when driving.
- Care of the motorhome:
- At the time of handover the motorhome will be clean and in a safe and roadworthy condition with all internal equipment working. Any
existing damage will be recorded on the ‘Hirer Drive Proposal’ form at the time of handover and will be signed by both the Hirer and Rover Rentals. This will
constitute a full agreement of any damage to the motorhome or contents prior to the period of hire.
- You must maintain the motorhome in a roadworthy condition at all times by carrying out the checks
listed in the User Manual, at the frequencies specified.
- You must report any fault in or on the motorhome as soon as possible to Rover Rentals, allowing
us reasonable time to locate parts and make any necessary repairs.
- The motorhome must only be filled with diesel fuel. If you accidentally put in petrol,
you must not start the engine and must ring the breakdown number immediately. The breakdown cover will arrange and pay for the motorhome to be drained and flushed of the contaminated
fuel and refuelled with up to ten litres of diesel. If you drive the motorhome after having put petrol into it, or you put anything other than petrol into it,
you will be responsible for the mechanical or component damage to the motorhome caused as a result of misfuelling.
- When parked, the motorhome must be left in gear with the handbrake fully on.
- If a low-water alarm sounds/flashes on the control panel, you must stop using the taps, shower or toilet flush
immediately and not use them until the fresh water tank has been refilled.
- If a low-battery alarm sounds/flashes on the control panel, you must stop using the batteries to power anything
electrical in the motorhome immediately, to prevent damaging full discharge of the batteries. Driving the motorhome should recharge the batteries. If this does not
happen, contact Rover Rentals.
- The only pets allowed in the motorhome are dogs.
- The space in the motorhome is suitable for one large dog (e.g. Labrador size) or two small / medium
dogs. Permission must be granted from Rover Rentals if you wish to bring more dogs than this or an extremely large dog, e.g. a
German Shepherd, Great Dane, St. Bernard.
- Whilst travelling, the dog(s) must be in a safe location that does not impair or distract the Driver and does not
endanger the Driver, the Passengers or the dog during travel or in the event of an emergency stop.
- Any dog that is known to be incontinent, to be suffering from sickness or diarrhoea, or to be infested with fleas
is not allowed in the motorhome.
- You must provide your dog with sufficient time and opportunity to pee and poo
outdoors. It must not be allowed to pee or poo in the motorhome. If it does so, you must fully clean up the mess immediately with an appropriate cleaning fluid and
spray it with deodoriser.
- Your dog must not be left alone and loose in the motorhome. Whenever possible
take your dog with you, but if it is necessary to leave your dog in the motorhome it must be left in the soft cage provided.
You must ensure the motorhome will not get too hot for your dog by closing blinds as appropriate. Sufficient water must be left for
your dog. Your dog must not be left alone in the motorhome for more than 3 hours.
- You will be responsible for any damage that is caused by your dog.
- You must keep the motorhome in a reasonably clean condition by brushing any dog
that sheds/moults before and as required during the hire, and by reasonably cleaning and drying your dog if it has become muddy and/or wet before it enters the
- General Conditions of use:
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the motorhome at any time, even with the windows open. Any infringement of
this rule will incur a charge of £250.
- Use of candles is not permitted in the motorhome
- Overnight parking other than on officially recognised campsites is permitted in Scotland providing that the Hirer
adheres to the Road Traffic Act Scotland and the Countryside Code.
- The motorhome remains the property of Rover Rentals and Helen Morgan at all times and you shall
have no rights to the motorhome other than as Hirer or the motorhome for the hire period. You must not sell, rent, lend or dispose
of the motorhome or any of its parts and you must not give anyone legal rights over the motorhome.
- You must provide for all children travelling in the motorhome the correct type of child safety seat for their
- Children must not be left unattended in the motorhome.
- Included in your motorhome hire is Breakdown Assistance. If the motorhome breaks
down during your hire period, please contact Rover Rentals first so that we are aware of the situation. Summary details of the Road Rescue Policy
and the number to call for Roadside Assistance will be with the Insurance documents in the Rapido folder kept under the driver’s seat.
- The spare tyre is stored underneath the motorhome and is secured in place by nuts. The socket and handle to remove
the nuts are kept in the boot compartment. Changing of a wheel is included in the Roadside Assistance so must not be done by you due to the weight of the
- If the motorhome needs parts and/or labour for the repair, you must try to contact Rover
Rentals for approval prior to work commencing. If you are unable to contact us, we authorise you to spend up to £100. You
must get a receipt for all work undertaken. Rover Rentals reserves the right to refuse the repayment if a valid receipt is not provided. Permission must be given by Rover
Rentals in writing for any repairs over £100.
- If you have a breakdown that cannot be repaired or made roadworthy within 24 hours and you choose to stop using
the motorhome, Rover Rentals will reimburse each remaining full day of hire lost unless we consider that your act or omission
caused the breakdown.
- Accident, damage or loss: In the event of any accident, damage or loss
occurring to the motorhome, the you must:
- Not admit guilt or liability or do/say anything which may be treated as an admission of guilt or liability.
- Take a record of the names, addresses and (as appropriate) insurance details of all 3rd parties involved and any
- Notify the Police if there is any damage or injury to property, people or animals.
- Record and retain the unique reference number of a Crime Report if/when supplied and in all cases record the police unique
reference number of the incident.
- Take photographs/make drawings and complete an Accident Report Form (kept in the Rapido folder under the driver’s seat.
- Contact Rover Rentals as soon as reasonably practical to inform us of the situation
- Not abandon the motorhome without taking all reasonable steps to prevent any further damage or loss.
- Not drive the motorhome if it is not fully roadworthy.
- Return the fully completed Accident Report Form to us when you return the
motorhome and in accordance with clause 3b pay the excess due under the insurance policy to us.
- If you have an accident/cause damage to the motorhome that cannot be repaired and made roadworthy
in 24 hours and you choose to stop using the motorhome, Rover Rentals will reimburse each remaining full day of hire lost unless we
consider that you were responsible for the accident/damage.
- If you damage internal equipment/parts of the motorhome, please inform Rover
Rentals as soon as possible so that we can order new parts and arrange for the repair prior to the next hire period. Rover Rentals reserves the right to
deduct the cost of repairs to the damaged equipment/items from your deposit.
- Rover Rentals accepts no responsibility or liability for any death or personal injury sustained by the
Hirer, Drivers, Passengers or dogs, or any third party except as a direct result of our negligence.
- Rover Rentals accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage incurred to your
property, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the motorhome being unsuitable for the
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the motorhome or handled by Rover Rentals,
including vehicles left at Rover Rentals’ premises.
- Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Rover Rentals, the Hirer shall not have
recourse to Rover Rentals, its employees or agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them by reason of use and/or possession
of the motorhome.
- Availability of the motorhome: Rover Rentals
will make every effort to ensure the motorhome is available for the booked hire period. In the event that Rover Rentals has to cancel a booking due to any unforeseen
event(s) or circumstance(s) which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid, then we will refund the Hirer all monies and shall have no
obligation to provide a replacement vehicle. We regret that Rover Rentals cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where it has not
been able to provide the motorhome on the date booked. This includes any delays to and/or restrictions to your hire to which you may be subject
- Cancellation Policy: Once your contract is in place, the
cancellation policy below applies:
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing or by email, with a text message to alert us that this has been
sent. A text message alone is not sufficient. It is strongly advised that you take out your own insurance against any unavoidable cancellation.
- Charges for your cancellation in relation to the hire start date are as follows:
- More than 8 weeks before: the deposit is non-refundable but at the discretion of Rover Rentals may be transferred
to a future booking made within 6 months of the cancellation date.
- More than 6 weeks but less than 8 weeks before: 30% of the full hire charge
- More than 4 weeks but less than 6 weeks before: 60% of the full hire charge
- More than 2 weeks but less than 4 weeks before: 80% of the full hire charge
- Less than 2 weeks before, or No-show: 100% of the full hire charge
- If you pick up the motorhome late, or shorten the length of time you use the
motorhome from your original booking, Rover Rentals will not refund any unused days or discount part days. If you know
you are going to be late collecting the motorhome, please advise Rover Rentals as soon as possible.
- Contract Agreement:
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Hirer and Rover Rentals. There are no
other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Rover Rentals reserves the right to add or amend these Terms
& Conditions without prior notice at any point before the Hirer Drive Proposal form(s) are signed. Additions to or alterations of the terms of this agreement shall be null and void unless agreed
upon in writing by all concerned parties. This agreement together with the documents titled ‘Hirer Drive Proposal’ will form the full contract of the hire agreement between Rover
Rentals and the Hirer.
- At the time of writing, Rover Rentals believes that all the clauses contained in this agreement are fully
compliant with Scottish Law. However, should any single clause be found not to comply with any laws or regulations then the remaining clauses will still be enforceable.
- This agreement shall be governed by Scottish Law.
- Termination of the agreement: Rover Rentals reserve the right to
cancel the contract with immediate effect and repossess the motorhome at any time, without notification. In the event of such termination or repossession, the Hirer
shall have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the security deposit if:
- The Hirer is in breach of any terms of the contract.
- The Hirer has obtained the vehicle through fraud, misrepresentation or any criminal act.
- The motorhome appears to be abandoned.
- The motorhome is not returned on the agreed return date, or Rover Rentals reasonably believes
that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date and time.
- Rover Rentals considers on reasonable grounds that the safety of Passengers or the condition of
the motorhome is endangered.
- The motorhome is in an area / country not agreed upon at the time of handover or there is any indication
whatsoever that it may be stolen or mis-appropriated. Under these circumstances Rover Rentals will report the motorhome as stolen and instruct all measures to be
taken for the return of the vehicle.
- Return of the motorhome:
- Return times and locations shall be agreed between Rover Rentals and the Hirer prior to the start
of the hire period. If you realise you might be late returning the motorhome, contact Rover Rentals as soon as possible.
Rover Rentals reserves the right to charge £50 if the motorhome is returned 1-2 hours late, and a full day’s hire if the motorhome is returned more
than two hours late.
- You must return the motorhome in a reasonably clean condition, with an empty toilet cassette and
an empty waste water tank. Rover Rentals reserves the right to charge a £50 cleaning charge if the motorhome is returned in an unacceptable state and £50 if the
toilet cassette is not empty.
- The motorhome will be hired out with a full tank of diesel. You must return it with a full tank,
filled until the automatic cut-out on the pump operates. If the motorhome is not returned with a full tank, Rover Rentals reserves the right to charge a £20 service
charge plus the cost of diesel to fill the tank.
- You authorise Rover Rentals to deduct any payments from the security deposit for penalties,
charges, unpaid fines, toll-roads, fees and damages you have incurred during your hire period. If we receive a request for payment for any of the
above after we have refunded your deposit, we reserve the right to recover these costs from you by request. This will incur a £25
- If you breach these terms and conditions, or cause loss or damage that exceeds the £300 security deposit,
Rover Rentals shall retain the full deposit and seek the additional outstanding balance from you.
- The security deposit will be refunded to you, less any deductions, within 14 days of the return
of the motorhome